This is the vegetarian breakfast you need to add to your morning lineup! Full of flavor, veggies, and protein, you can’t go wrong with this dish.
- 3 cups 1-inch baguette cubes (regular or gluten-free)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 medium leek, white and light green parts only, halved and thinly sliced
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, defrosted and squeezed dry
- 8 large eggs
- ¾ cup milk
- 1 cup Hood Cottage Cheese with Chive
- ½ cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the olive oil in a 10-inch cast iron skillet over medium heat. Add the bread cubes, and season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring often, until the bread is golden and crisp in spots, about 3 to 4 minutes. Transfer the bread to a plate. Wipe out the skillet.
- Heat the remaining tablespoon of olive oil in the skillet over medium-low heat. Add the leek, garlic, and thyme, and season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring often, until softened, about 3 to 4 minutes. Remove the pan from the heat, and stir in the spinach and bread cubes.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs and milk until smooth. Whisk in the cottage cheese and half of the Parmesan. Season with salt and pepper. Pour the egg mixture over the vegetables and bread in the skillet, and nudge everything around to evenly coat. Sprinkle the remaining Parmesan over top.
- Bake the strata until it’s puffed, golden, and the eggs are set, about 30 to 35 minutes. Let cool at least 5 minutes before serving.