No, we promise it’s not a typo—this recipe really does combine a classic pasta sauce with a popular fall ingredient! The creamy blend makes for the type of comfort meal that’s perfectly suited for an autumn day.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pound pasta of your choice
- 1 cup light cream
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons butter
- ¾ cup pumpkin puree
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- ¼ cup toasted hazelnuts, chopped
- Basil, for garnish
- Bacon crumbles, for garnish
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat, add chicken, and cook for 2-minutes on each side until golden brown and cooked through. Add in the garlic, and sauté for another minute. Set chicken aside.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil, and cook the pasta until al dente. Drain, and set aside.
- While the pasta is cooking, whisk together the light cream, vegetable broth, and flour. Set aside.
- In the same skillet, melt the butter over medium-heat. Pour the cream mixture into the pan, along with the pumpkin puree and Parmesan cheese. Bring it to a low simmer until it has slightly thickened. Remove it from the heat, add the nutmeg, and season to taste with the salt and pepper.
- Toss the pasta and chicken with the pumpkin alfredo sauce. Garnish and serve with the toasted hazelnuts, crumbled bacon, and chopped basil.