When a loved one is undergoing chemotherapy treatment, it can be hard to know how to help. This plush, handmade hat brings comfort while also showing your love and support.
- ½ yard pink fleece
- ½ yard pink patterned fleece
- Sewing tape measure
- Fabric pen
- Sewing pins
- Sewing machine
- Sewing needle and thread
- Take both pieces of the fleece fabric, and fold them in half.
- Measure the circumference of your head, plus ½ inch extra for the seam. Divide the measurement in half to find the width of your cap.
- Measure from the top of your forehead to the top of the back of your head, plus 2 extra inches for the cuff, for the height of your hat.
- On the first piece of fabric, measure out your width, and mark with a pen, followed by the length. Fold the fabric in half, lengthwise, and then draw the arch of your cap—from the top of the hat to the start of the width.
- Cut out the first two cap pieces. Use one of the sides to trace the shape onto the other piece of folded fleece from step one, and cut out the second two cap pieces.
- Once all four pieces are cut, pin together the two cap pieces cut from the pink fleece, and then pin together the two cap pieces cut from the pink patterned fleece, and sew around the arches of each cap.
- When the arches are sewn together, align the caps where the opening will be, pinch the edges together, and pin. Sew the ends together, but leave a small opening to flip the cap right-side out.
- Flip the cap right-side out, and sew the opening closed with a needle and thread. Push the sections of the hat together to form the hat, and cuff the end.