If you want something other than a store-bought planter to grow plants in, try your hand at this whimsical DIY craft that will give your potted greenery a stylish touch.
Materials for plant marker:
- Plastic mini toy dinosaur
- Craft paint, color of your choice
- Metallic permanent marker
Materials for planter:
- 4 blocks of clay, colors of your choice
- Ceramic planter
- Plastic spoon
- Baking sheet
- Herbs or small plant of your choosing
- Start by painting the mini toy dinosaur the color of your choice. Set aside to dry.
- Preheat oven to 275°F. Use the knife to cut the blocks of clay into small squares. Roll them into balls, and begin placing on the planter in symmetrical rows.
- Press each ball of clay with a plastic spoon so it looks like a dinosaur scale. Do this across each row.
- Place the planter on a baking sheet, and bake for 15 minutes. Remove, and let cool.
- Add soil, and plant herbs or plant of your choice in the cooled planter.
- Use the permanent marker to write the name of the herb or plant on the dinosaur. Place in the potted plant for the finishing touch.
Share this crafty planter how-to with family and friends.