Chicken salad is one of those traditional tea sandwich flavors, and it simply cannot be forgotten for your picnic party. Whip up this staple combination (with a twist) and watch them go fast!
- 2 pounds cooked chicken, cubed
- 1½ cup red seedless grapes, cut in half
- ½ cup pecans, sliced
- 1 green apple, diced small
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- ¼ cup Dijon mustard
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Loaf rye bread, crust removed
- Combine chicken, grapes, pecans, apples, salt, and pepper.
2. Add in Dijon mustard, mayo, and lemon juice, and mix.
3. Combine both mixtures, and top with other slice of bread. Cut diagonally into triangles.