Goodbye, boring honey baked ham (and all those pineapples) and say hello to this sweet and spicy show stopper! A simple homemade sweet chili garlic sauce is the perfect glaze for your holiday ham.
- ½ cup rice wine vinegar
- ½ cup water
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons fish sauce
- ½ cup ketchup
- 6 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- 2 teaspoons crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon corn starch
- 1 spiral sliced ham
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a medium-sized pot over medium heat, whisk together the sweet chili sauce ingredients. Bring to a simmer, and cook for 3–4 minutes. Remove from heat, and set aside.
- Place the ham in a roasting pan, coat with the sauce, cover with foil and cook for 30 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the oven, remove the foil, and increase the temperature to 425°F. Return the pan to the oven, uncovered, and roast for 10–12 minutes or until the sauce caramelizes slightly and the ham is hot throughout. Serve warm.
Tip: This recipe falls on the medium heat spectrum. Remove a teaspoon of the crushed red pepper flakes or add a teaspoon for either mild or hot.
Make this sweet and spicy ham for your next party, and be sure to check out americanlifestylemag.com/bites for more holiday recipes!