This easy curry recipe uses wonderfully delicious produce (and your Instant Pot). Leeks, butternut squash, cauliflower, Brussels sprouts, and kale slowly simmer in a garam masala coconut broth.
Ingredients for soup:
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- 1/2 cup yellow onions, peeled and minced
- 1 tablespoon garam masala
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1/4 cup leeks, chopped
- 1 cup butternut squash
- 1 cup cauliflower
- 2 cups Brussels sprouts (about 6)
- 1 cup kale
- 1 cup peas
- 3 teaspoons salt
- Set your Instant Pot or programmable multipurpose cooker to sauté mode. Sauté the garlic and onions with the garam masala, cumin, coriander, turmeric, and paprika for 3–4 minutes, or until vegetables are tender.
- Pour in the vegetable broth and coconut milk, and whisk until blended. Add in the leeks, butternut squash, cauliflower, Brussels sprouts, kale, and peas. Change the setting to slow cook, program for 3 hours, and cover with the lid. Season with salt before serving.
- Serve curry over basmati rice, and garnish with cilantro.
Tips: Like your vegetables a little crunchy? Slow cook for only 2 hours. Like your vegetables soft? Slow cook for 4 hours.
Serve with: Cooked basmati rice