Your beach party would be incomplete without nautical-themed decor! A shark photo booth and colorful hanging umbrella balls are the perfect touch to bring your guests right to the seashore.
Shark Tooth Photo Shoot
Take some snapshots of your guests in the mouth of one of the ocean’s most notorious creatures! This DIY handheld photo booth will be the hit of your beach-themed bash—guaranteed.
- Foam board/poster board
- Gray, white, black, and red paint
- X-ACTO® knife
- Create the shape of a forward-facing shark face on your foam board or poster board.
- Where the mouth of the shark will be, cut out along the inside of the teeth and mouth to create an open space for the frame.
- Paint the body of the shark gray and white, and the eyes black. Keep the teeth white, and add a line of red around the base of the teeth, if you desire.
Hanging Beach Umbrella Balls
Breezy striped umbrellas are an iconic site on beaches across the country and a great way to add some color to your get-together.
- Flat thumbtacks
- Styrofoam balls in varying sizes
- Mini drink umbrellas
- Tie a piece of the string to a flat thumbtack, and place a small drop of glue onto the underside of the tack. Place the tack into the top of one of the Styrofoam balls.
- Open the drink umbrellas, and place the ends into the Styrofoam ball randomly until it is completely covered.
- Repeat the steps until all of the Styrofoam balls are covered in the umbrellas, and hang sporadically around your beach party.